Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Season...

As a new chapter draws near, I begin to realize that this year it is the time to shine. Because this year, it is the last season I am going to spend my life in the school that I have opted for. I do have regrets for not trying to establish a badminton club in my school but I guess; things happen for a reason. True enough, I have enjoyed my life in this school even when the odds are against me. I have met new people who I can call friends and experience the ups and downs of a student in a typical government school.

The First Year: Participating in the National Parade came unexpectedly when I enrolled. Nevertheless, I braved the heat and the exhausting practices to put up an excellent display on August, 9. After the overture of the Parade, we partied like we have never partied like before. We felt a sense of accomplishment and we thought of letting go of our hard work by enjoying ourselves.

The Second Year: One of the highlights was my performance in the final examinations which came to be a surprise. Good grades overall scoring 90+ in History and Geography. I think the credit should go to the teachers for pushing us beyond our limits. This year too I became a PSL which I have never thought of becoming one. Therefore, when given this opportunity I gladly took it without hesitation. Not only that, I have been chosen to become a Senior PSL too without prior knowledge. My only clue was when Eric said, “We have senior meeting today.”

The Third Year: Many happened this year. The Pahang trip was exhilarating. It was the first time I visited Malaysia and deep in the middle of nowhere. Surrounding us was just thick forests, small villages and oil palm plantations. It was during this trip I became closer to nature and it was a good opportunity to test my resilience to live 3 days without much electricity and far away from the comfort of home. This year too I won the inter house badminton competition, perhaps my only achievement throughout my life here. Well, a medal for safe keeping was worth the effort.

As a new chapter is about to unfold with its pen all ready to write history, I guess I am prepared to face the unpredictable future. It may have come soon than expected but as long as blood still run in my veins and my heart still beats, I shall take on the thorny path with perseverance. Even if I am at the brink of defeat and have reached my limitations, I will not give up. Perhaps I may stumble and fall, but I will get up back to my feet as long as there is hope. Even the tiniest flame of a candle can overcome darkness and guide its master to find his way out eventually.

No comments: