Thursday, March 16, 2006

Something About Them...

in alphabetical order : adeline, bidina, esther, hayden, jin hui, jocelyn, keith, michelle, samuel, sherlyn and yik ka.

Think fun, sun and sands. There is no place in Singapore best describe them other than East Coast Park. 14th March 2006, marked the day that we, as part of the original CG 08/06, simply was out to have some fun from the busy life in junior college bound to come in the coming week.

Some things we did to entertain ourselves were playing soccer, strolling along the beach, having mini picnic, joking around, charades, playing murderer, telling jokes, cycling and many more. Through these activities, we managed to bond, to get to know others, to find the meaning of friendship even though some of us are no longer in the same college. From an individual point of view, this maybe just an ordinary outing but to me, it could be the first and the last time we could meet up and just frolic despite the passing time.

I am glad to be part of this CG, surrounded by people with different yet colorful personalities even though I just barely knew them for less than 3 months. There is something about these people that really make a difference in my life. Maybe, I just discovered where my teenage years truly began. It was not when I turned thirteen but when I met these people whose pace are no different than mine. The beauty and fulfillment of a youth does not lie within being part of the group but through opening up, mutual respect, sharing and bonding for the purpose to have a small yet supportive friends.

If I were to choose between being famous and popular or having a posse, I would rather choose the latter. One can have many followers or fans but not necessarily a group of people who speak with the same tone out of genuine feelings. So, these are some of the friends that I found from early this year. Small in number but strong in spirit and young at heart. These are the people who I may never see again after having spent this short day together and I will definitely miss them all, their wacky antics, their broad smiles, their heartfelt efforts, their footsteps in my heart. Thank you for the smiles once again for one day, I may never be able to see those cheerful, heartwarming curves on your faces for the second time.

Inspired by "Something About You" by "Five For Fighting".

No comments: