Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Successors...


It is almost time for elections again. This time, it is going to be second group of juniors during my former days of a peer support leader. They now have the power to elect from the current executive members to lead the organization and bring them to a new level. This renewal is a form of succession from the previous generation to the next which I find to be the turning point of lives for those who are deserving of filling the posts previously held by some of the best leaders. This change is inevitable and necessary, no matter from which angle you look at it, it has to be carried out.

Here, we have quite a number of candidates who can be called prospective successors. (in random order)

1) Michele
2) Nikita
3) Aleem
4) Xinyi
5) Hui Wen
6) Anand
7) Anthony
8) James
9) Khaizal
10) Ruo Ning

Each of them possesses different strengths which I think they have displayed quite clearly during my batch's reign. My personal opinion of them shall be kept confidential so as not to affect the readers opinion on these candidates. So, for now, I am just going to predict the outcome though I know the reality may prove otherwise.

Chairman: Michele
Vice Chairman 1: Anand
Vice Chairman 2: James
Secretary: Hui Wen
Treasurer: Xinyi
Training Com Head: Ruo Ning
CIP Com Head: Aleem
Proj-teen Head: Nikita
Member 1: Khaizal
Member 2: Anthony

These are just predictions which I can foresee. However, you, as readers should not be influenced by this set of tentative data. Voters are encouraged to stick to your decision on the day of the election itself.

Another group that will be elected will be the Sec 2 PSL executive members. Because I do not know them well enough, I shall not include them in this post. Nevertheless, I wish them all the best.

Just a note of reminder for successful candidates, "With great power, comes great responsibility." Lead by example, be role models and most importantly, be yourself. Be a Peer Support Leader.

No comments: